Who we are…
As faithful daughters of St. Dominic, we are rooted in the rich tradition of the Order of Preachers, our global family of friars, nuns, sisters, and laity. Acting both globally and locally, the Dominican Sisters Conference places the transforming grace of the Dominican charism at the service of our world and Church, especially in responding to the cry of the poor and to the urgent need to preserve Earth’s integrity. Like our sister Catherine of Siena, we embrace the prophetic call to speak truth in our day. Our preaching and action for justice are the fruit of our Dominican tradition of contemplative prayer and pursuit of truth through study and dialogue.
The rich diversity of our membership enables us to broaden our individual perspectives and bring our experiences to bear on the needs of our world. We engage in rigorous study leading to collaborative action. We are a sign of unity in our fractured world with a strong, collective voice that speaks effectively for justice.
To achieve its goals, the Dominican Sisters Conference:
- Builds relationships of support and collaboration among member Dominican congregations through communal reflection on the Dominican values of prayer, study, community, and ministry
- Collaborates both locally and nationally to advance the goals of the Promoters of Justice, Preaching, Communications, and Vocations
- Builds relationships with the wider Dominican Family, especially Dominican Sisters International
- Develops resources and structures that animate and sustain its mission and goals
- Utilizes emerging technologies and social media